Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lago de Yojoa, Honduras





 This is the only craft brewery in Honduras.  We stayed here for 4 days, I camped the first night and Colleen and our friend Karly slept in the hallway of the employee house because there were no rooms available.




From left to right Una (from Ireland), Dave, Karly, and Colleen.

This was my camp site the first night, I got real cozy with the bugs. Can't wait for Sean to arrive in Costa Rica with our tent.

Colleen and Karly's roomate in the hallway. This moth was way bigger than most of the bats we have seen!


The pool at D&D. Dave didn't actually throw her in.
The drinking game presidents and assholes entertained us each night!! After this game we had a drunken bug expedition with the security guard!
Pulhapanzak Water Fall 43 m. tall. We jumped the gate at the bottom of the waterfall and got caught in a crazy rain storm, we were 45 min. from the hostel and hitch hiked in the down pour back to D&D. (a popular form of transport in the area.)
Our rowboat on Lago De Yojoa. It was $2.00 for the day. I struggled in the begining going to the lake up the river, and the locals made fun of me and my "muy malo" technique. However they were excited to see us return and my technique improve!!

On our second day out on the lake we met some local kids going fishing. I was in Dave's Alpaca raft and they wanted to tow me to the lake. They were extremely excited about Daves boat.

Then they wanted to try Dave's raft and give me a ride in their boat. They were both very good rowers. This is Herman giving me a ride. And my job was to bail water from the boat.
Herman riding the Alpaca raft getting a tow from Dave.
The local kids trying out our snorkel gear. This whole experience made their day!! And mine!!
Hitching a ride from the hostel to Pena Blanca to get more rum and a machete.
Sunrise hike on our last day at the lake!!











No comments:

Post a Comment